The next edition of our NEWSLETTER will appear on March 11.
Poppy Trust Fund
Your contributions directly support Canada’s Veterans and their families, while ensuring Canada never forgets.
Thank you for your donation to the Poppy Fund.
Through your donations, the Quebec Provincial Command Poppy Fund provides financial assistance and support to Veterans, including Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, and their families who are in need.
The Poppy Campaign is organized and run by local Legion volunteers at over 1400 branches across Canada and abroad.
Poppy Funds are held in trust at every level of the Legion and the use of these trust funds are strictly controlled, with appropriate approval processes.
Branch executives are accountable for Poppy Fund expenditures and are required to inform the public through local media of the results of their campaign, including contributions received and disposition of funds.
You may contact your local Legion branch to request information on their Poppy Campaign.
Details on the Poppy Trust Fund can be found in the Legion`s Poppy Manual.
Quebec Provincial Command cannot issue tax receipts due to our not-for-profit status.
Poppy Funds may be used for:
- Grants for food, heating costs, clothing, prescription medication, medical appliances and equipment, essential home repairs and emergency shelter or assistance for Veterans and their families in need
- Housing accommodation and care facilities for Veterans
- Funding for Veteran Transition Programs that are directly related to the training, education and support needs of Veterans and their families
- Comforts for Veterans and their surviving spouses who are hospitalized and in need
- Veterans visits, transportation and day trips
- Accessibility modifications to assist Veterans with disabilities
- Educational bursaries for children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Veterans
- Support of cadet units
- Veteran drop-in centres and services in communities where Veterans would benefit
- Community medical appliances, medical training and medical research which will assist in the care of Veterans in the community
- Support the work of Legion Command and Branch Service Officers across Canada in assisting and representing Veterans
- Donations for relief of disasters declared by federal or provincial governments which impact Veterans in those communities
- Promotion and administering of Remembrance activities to ensure Canadians never forget the sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans